Daniel Andrews’ latest draconian ‘emergency’ COVID laws are a dangerous overreach that will put your human rights at risk.
Your voice is needed now in the campaign to see these laws defeated in the parliament.
Sign the petition today and tell the Victorian Parliament these laws are dangerous and should be voted down.
To the Honourable President and Members of the Legislative Council
The petition of certain citizens of Victoria:
Notes that the Omnibus (Emergency Measures) and Other Acts Amendment Bill 2020 would grant unprecedented power to the Secretary of Health including:
- the ability to create a standing army of ‘authorised officers’ who could
- detain any person or group of persons
- restrict the movement of any person or group of persons
- give any other direction to a person or group of persons they consider to be necessary
- remove children from their parents
Your petitioners also note the circumstances when these powers may be exercised are very broad and poorly defined.
The bill has received criticism from a wide variety of concerned Victorians including the Law Institute of Victoria, the Victorian Barr Association, a group of 18 retired judges and Queens Council, the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.
In the interest of the health, safety and human rights of all Victorians, your petitioners respectfully request the bill be opposed by the Legislative Council in the strongest possible terms.